View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 09:10 AM   #7
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
It is not as simple as singling out trading partners on the basis of their goals allowed and cap situation. EVERY team will be looking to improve in the summer regardless of where they finished, and if a team believes that they can improve their own defensive depth by making a deal with the Flames, they will do so. Last year Carolina acquired Dougie Hamilton despite already having an impressive core of young defensemen. SJ made a deal to add Erik Karlsson even though they already had Brent Burns and were among the League’s better defending teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you that it’s not as simple as that, but an analysis on a per team basis would be a lot more dry, and definitely longer. I am actually looking forward to seeing some of that discussion. It’s a lot more interesting than just saying trade Brodie for a top 6 forward. That’s also why I tried to group teams, for example teams in cap trouble will be looking to send the same salary back, meanwhile teams in a rebuild will be more hesitant to part with young players.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post: