View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #75
Buzzard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
No problem. Routes are generally pretty random. We bid for days off, then get a variety of 'pairings' (work shifts from 1-5 days) that make up our work. I'll go months without doing a certain route, and then might do it several times in a month. So no, not the same route at all. That is a common question though.

We know our sked on the 20th of the month prior---so in a few days I'll find out my May sked.

Normal max hours worked in 1 day is 14 hours, though there are lots of if's and but's....but 14 hours is the most common limit. A lot of flying down south is there and back, as long as it fits into that 14 hour duty day. If it can't be comfortably done in 14 hours then the crew would overnight.For example Hawaii, Montego bay, even Cancun is tight from out west.

Overall, generally lots of variety. Maybe day 1 yyc-yvr-yyc-yeg-yyz, then day 2 yyz-las-yyz, day 3 yyz-yhz-yyt, then back home day 4. That is a random 4 day pairing made up, but is indicative of something we might do.

Even if for only a few hours, being stuck like that must really suck!

My daughter is only 12, but she has a real unusual (for gender and age) interest in airplanes, flying, geography, etc. Her favorite TV show is Mayday, I kid not. I'd love for her to maintain that as she gets older. Still pretty young I know, but any tips you can think of to help nurture that along the way? I don't know what the minimum age is to get private license, but I thought that would make an excellent sweet sixteen present.
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote