View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 07:51 AM   #464
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Brooks Koepka not making a lot of friends in Canada with these remarks heading into todays 1st round of the Canadian Open..

Quote:
"It doesn't really matter about the result. I couldn't care less what happens," the American said on Wednesday at Hamilton Golf and Country Club in Ontario, a comment that will not win any prizes for diplomacy.

"It's just how I feel I've played, am I hitting enough good shots and really finding a rhythm?

"I just want to feel good going into next week."

"As long as I can leave feeling confident, striking the ball very well, starting it where I want to, finishing where I want to, hit some good putts, it doesn't matter if they go in or not, I just want to feel confident leaving."
Contrast that with what Rory had to say about his first trip to the country's biggest golfing event of the year.

Quote:
"This isn't just a preparation week. This is a very prestigious tournament, one of the oldest tournaments in the world that I would dearly love to be able to add my name to," said McIlroy, who has never played a competitive tournament in Canada. "I'm fully focused on this week, but knowing that if I play well here, this week, and have good control of my ball and my distance control, that will serve me well going into next week. "
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/golf/canad...nson-1.5163855