View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #81
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignite09 View Post
Only thing I have to add is Tkachuk shouldn't be on Backlund's line next year. Backs is brilliant at what he does, which is shut down the opponent's best line. His lines 0% offensive zone starts is admirable, but that's not why we drafted Tkachuk. He needs to be put in more offensive situations where he can take a few more risks, say on a line with a guy like Bennett. Let a fresh faced rookie (Jankowski) take over the roll of defensive forward, time to take the leash off Tkachuk.
I think if we have essentially the same forwards corps going into next season, Tkachuk should be paired with Bennett, maybe throw Frolik on the RW to give them some defensive and offensive reliability. Allow Jankowski to learn the game glued to Backs' hip, and maybe put someone like Ferland on their RW for some physicality and a board / behind the net presence.

The simplest way to upgrade the RW position would be a Brouwer out & Oshie in type of situation.

Matthew Tkachuk - Sam Bennett - Michael Frolik
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - TJ Oshie
Mark Jankowski - Mikael Backlund - Micheal Ferland
Morgan Klimchuk - Curtis Lazar - Garnett Hathaway

I think that's a much improved forward set of lines. Those are three really deep lines that can all put the puck in the net and disturb you with their jam and defensive acumen. And the fourth line much improved from this year too.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote