View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #60
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
Why don't people like Ferland on the top line? He was quite productive this time around there. He's got a cannon of a shot and the skill to keep up with the other two.

I'd rather find a winger for Bennett to thrive with.
Ferland is a hard worker. He has the heart and the body. But he is not the first-line guy. He clearly does not have the skill level or hockey IQ level needed to play with the bona-fide first-line guys, like Gaudreau and Monahan. It is quite evident, I think. He should be playing on the third line wtih Bennett, where he would be an excellent fit.

Our first line needs a big elite right-winger. Unfortunately, there are not many of them available for grabs. Oshie is good, but he's not big enough. I hope we don't go after him, actually, but he may be the only available option other than Radulov, who's big and strong and skilled but has temper and attitude issues. Plus, I heard he wants to stay in Montreal.

Out of the available elite UFAs this summer, most players are older - over 35. Which means that our chances of getting a big elite RW through the UFA market are not good at all. Trade? Whom?

Another thought, I don't understand how people see Bennett on the first or second line. He has not played that well yet to prove that he can.

And yeah, go after Bishop and give him 6 years at $6.5M, if that does it. He is worth it.