View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 07:03 AM   #51
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
It's a 2nd round goalie from 5 years ago. I had that FC draft guide - they had McDonald ahead of Demko too. It's fine.

The Smith pick was bad. The Lazar trade was also bad, but it happens.

Nobody should ever lose a moment's sleep over taking Mason McDonald ahead of Thatcher Demko. Neither is going to the Hall.
Who is losing any sleep over this? A poster made a comment about Lazar trade being Treliving's worst trade and I just noted it wasn't the biggest even the biggest mistake regarding the list of players not qualified and what does the hall of fame have to do with anything? NHL average at this point would be a dream scenario for the Flames. The Flames are basically dumpster diving in free agency looking at guys like Talbot coming of a sub-.900 SV%. Demko is a legit NHL prospect better than anything the Flames have in their system. Flames could have had him for the price of a pick they used on a guy they didn't qualify yesterday. If you go back to that draft thread there were people here that weren't happy at taking McDonald over Demko but it is what it is and it's perfectly fine to discuss this in a thread regarding McDonald not getting qualified. The 2014 draft was beyond abysmal for the Flames but I give Treliving a mulligan on that seeing he wasn't really with the organization that long and I have to think Burke maybe had his fingerprints on the Smith pick.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote