View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #33
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan97 View Post
Not familiar with many of the young players coming up. Was anyone significant capped in this game? Is there, for that matter, even anyone in the pipeline to be excited about?
6 players were capped for the first time, but I would say that only Kyle Bekker has a chance of being with the team, and I did like the bits of play I saw from him. 3 of them are unattached (Evan James, Mason Trafford, Simon Thomas), 1 plays in USL Pro after a year of no on field action (Phillipe Davies), another had played for FC Edmonton the last 2 years and may join them again this year (Kyle Porter).

Personally, I'm excited to see how the young players on MLS team play tonight. Those being Ashtone Morgan (3 caps), Russell Teibert (2 caps) and Bekker. Doneil Henry could be a fixture on the team in the future, but he played like crap on Saturday. I'm also curious to see how Milan Borjan (9 caps) handles being the #1 keeper at the Gold Cup in June should Hirschfeld step aside.

As far as coming down the pipe I think the Voyageurs forums will have the best information on that. Keven Aleman lit it up for Canada in the U-17 World Cup and is training in Spain, but he could also suit up for Costa Rica. Bryce Alderson and Caleb Clarke are on Vancouver's roster this year, and may be future players on the team. Roberto Stillo plays for Genoa in the Serie A and is the backup tonight.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post: