View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 07:10 AM   #25
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I was having a discussion the other day on how we've moved completely into a post-accountability society. We've gotten to a point where taking responsibility for your actions is not seen in a positive light anymore and passing blame is the new normal.

Inflation? Well that's from the war and pandemic.
Expensive power and heat? Well the world is dying and we're doing what's just.
Orphan wells? Shouldn't the government be doing something about these? We barely broke even after our exec bonuses.
Can't get a job? Immigrants.
High gas prices? Trudeau.
Rape someone? Well I was drunk and not thinking. No #### you troglodyte pos.

It starts with our leaders, followed by our corporations and then lands at the feet of the people. Is it the news skewing things? Just an apathy among the masses?

The fact is that we let so much go on a regular basis that's it doesn't surprise me at all that the legal system is catching up.

-Multiple cases of corruption in our highest office. Solution? Take control of the ethics board. Re-elect, gloss over it and move on.
-Pay out millions in bonuses and then abandon orphan wells? Here's money to fix the wells!
-Sell crown land to your buddies at prices that would Mr. Burns blush? Hey, at least he doesn't wear orange.

We have excuses for everything. As long as it's our guy, or what we want we pretty much just ignore the consequences. I realize a lot of it is human nature, but I feel like we're regressing at a rapid rate.
indes is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indes For This Useful Post: