View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 01:06 PM   #18
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Why don't we just cut the line and build a trade for Kessel around Bennett?
If he doesn't want to go to Minnesota you think he's going to want to go to Calgary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
The original article is here:
https://theathletic.com/987908/2019/...possible-fits/

The wording doesn't suggest it is Forlik + Bennett for Zucker. Just that Bennett could be a target for the Wild.
Russo mentions at the deadline Zucker was almost dealt for Frolik + 'high pick'. We know from other sources around deadline time that the rumoured deal was Frolik + 1st round pick for Zucker.

Later in Russo's article he suggests Minnesota would be interested in James Neal, Bennett or Frolik if you consider them top 6 players (the implication here being that he doesn't think that's what they are).

If Kessel is wiling to go to Minnesota, Kessel + JMFJ for Rask + Zucker, a Calgary offer of Bennett/Neal/Frolik + 26th OA doesn't cut it.

If Kessel doesn't want to go to the Wild though, I could see the Flames dangling RFA Bennett + 26th overall if they think they are looking at a contentious negotiation with Bennett's camp (which I think is likely).

I don't really understand why the Wild want to do this, but I'm not going to stop them if they want to light themselves on fire.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote