View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 07:27 PM   #1241
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
I despise the Esks and all things Edmonton, but talk bout melodramatic from butt hurt TSN.

Live mics in any pro sports (sports in general for thst matter) in this age of PC, hypersensitivity and social media, are a recipe for disaster for the player, coach, team and league.

I don't think the league would like having fans hear F bombs every second word, and that would be the very best case scenario. A whole lot of people will have a whole lot of questions about why player x swears or says some very colorful language, and be instantly offended or ask for apologies, and that's assuming they keep it moderety under control. No matter what, that's a distraction for the player and team both during and after the game. Sure it may be edited out but the tape would still exist and in someone's possession at TSN, who themselves could use that at some later date as some sort of storyline.
I like what Wally Buono had to say about it...

“This is not something we should be given a choice to do or not to do,” he said. “This is a league that has agreements with major sponsors and if your boss tells you, you need do something, than you need to do it. This is not community football. This is a league that has a mandate (and) that’s to grow our audience. If the league office wants everybody to wear mics and we’re protected by the (time) delay, then I don’t believe we should be having a choice.

“It’s not a democracy.”
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post: