View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 12:01 PM   #40
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Peace officers are one of the reasons I hate Okotoks. They're EVERYWHERE handing out tickets to moms in minivans taking kids to soccer practise, and patrolling the streets for egregious violations such as trailers parked on driveways for longer than a few days, or mismatched gravel between houses.

Someone decided to give these guys guns as well. Probably to remain safe from all the P'd off residents losing their marbles over them sitting in the honey holes around town handing out tickets.

As for Sheriffs, I played rugby with a guy who was a Sheriff and he said they had a lot to do with checkstops. Not sure how or why.
Even worse in Okotoks because of the ridiculous 40km speed limit, plus all their wacky water use bylaws.

My parents live in Okotoks. There's a stop sign near their house, the other side of the intersection isn't built yet so traffic isn't even intersecting each other, it's basically just a corner with a stop sign. A county mounty will sit and watch this stop sign and hands out tickets for anyone that doesn't stop for a full 3 seconds.

There's also a road near their house that's just surrounded by fields, built for traffic to go 80, but in recent years it's now just barely within the town limits so the speed limit got decreased to 60 for no reason and they patrol it nonstop

Last edited by btimbit; 08-14-2019 at 12:07 PM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote