View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #1721
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya I also forgot about it and I was just thinking I am not even sure if I will watch it.

Will it even be on Netflix? Disney+ pulled all their stuff over to that streaming service, technically Fox is Disney now.. unless this was a grandfathered title.

Just to add a few days later here, there has been some news about a Venom sequel trickling in over the past few months so summary would be:

-Sequel is confirmed
-Andy Serkis signed on to direct
-Tom Hardy will have more of a role in the character, akin to Hemsworth in Thor: Ragnarok
-Apparently he has some ideas to fix some of the flaws people saw in the first movie
-Rest of the original cast has agreed to return

Venom was one of my favourite comic book characters growing up, I thought the movie was pretty standard for an Origins movie. I didn't overly love it or hate it. At this point the boss battle at the end as pretty meh, but if they do Carnage right and just really explore the mind twisting aspect of these symbiotes versus just the flashy CGI battles I think they could have the rare time where the sequel out paces the original. Carnage has the potential to be a show stealing villain if done right. He can help Brock see how psycho these symbiotes really are, which that constant battle between Brock and Venom is the driving force of the comic.

That and the irrational hate for Spider-Man, which apparently we don't get.. wouldn't it be neat if there was a surprise cameo. Can they even do that with the studio rights? Or would it have to be the other way around? Venom showing up in a Spider-Man movie?

Either way anything with Serkis has me excited.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 08-07-2019 at 01:08 PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post: