View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #23
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC in LAX View Post
I would cab or limo anywhere in Vegas. Don't rent. Surprisingly limos can be a lot cheaper than cabs if you have a large party. Sounds like you don't though.

My Vegas faves in no particular order:

Hotels: Venetian, Aria (City Center), Mirage, Bellagio
Clubs: Prive, Tryst, Pure
Shows: Love (Cirque de Solei), Jay Leno, anything at Spearmint Rhino...bring the wife.
Shopping: Forum Shops (Caesars), Fashion Mall, Outlets
Restaurant: The Country Club (Wynn) - date quality
Quick food: Carnegie Deli (Mirage), California Pizza Kitchen (Mirage), Earl of Sandwich (Planet Hollywood), Lemongrass (Aria)
Poker Rooms: Bellagio, Wynn, Venetian...Mirage gets an honourable mention for it's laid back atmosphere.

I would highly recommended passing on any of the following hotels: Excalibur, Stratosphere, Paris, TI, Flamingo, Luxor, Imperial Palace, as well as any other non-strip hotels. Saving the extra money just isn't worth it. Trust me.
Prive is no longer. They had to close due to fines. A club called The Gallery opened in their spot earlier this year. As for hotels I wouldn't be afraid of the Luxor (far away though, but price good) or Flamingo (great pool, not to party but to relax with a bottle and a cabana). I hardly ever use the room in Vegas anyways so why spend twice as much for a room u will never use. I guess I'm biased cause I love the craps at O'Shea's and the 8pm dealers @ PH so I need to be close :P
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote