View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 12:21 PM   #15
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm not going to put the wild expectation on bill that he eradicate all the GG&DC demon spirits in two weeks of preseason and game 1. Obviously gaudreau and other players were still using gulutzans drop pass zone entry on their own accord and were told to cut it out half way through the game since it's clearly not a part of the new staffs system, so the team still has to shake a lot of old habits. If we can give the pretty boy 20 games to adjust (or not) then we can surely do the same for Peters.

I think more dump and chase would be a refreshing change as it would get them moving their feet more but we also have some good possession players that can carry it when it's the better play. Honestly just mix things up. If we can become more creative and less predictable, that would be nice as hell.

To this point I like that he uses time outs like a coach should, and that he approved the Dube and Valimaki roster moves. I don't like that he limited the 4th line kids as much as he did but I think he was trying to get the team on the board by riding the top guys. Hopefully we can work out four line combinations that allow him to be comfortable to roll every line.

Last edited by djsFlames; 10-06-2018 at 12:27 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post: