View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #1376
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgin View Post
I'm not trying to be a dick asking this, but is there a reasonable list of acts that have actually skipped? Edmonton always drew the big rock acts even when all they had was rexell largely because they sold more tickets and they have a population more aligned with those shows. Both Edmonton and Calgary get skipped for Vancouver regularly too, and again that was true even before the BC Place reno. I know this gets tossed around, but there's a lot that goes into tour scheduling and I suspect even with a new building we'll still find certain shows don't see Calgary as a #1 destination.
It's not about how old the arena is. It's not about how old or new EDM's or VAN's arena were. Its not about your conjecture that EDM supports more rock. It's about the fact you can't hang speakers and lights from the ceiling in the Saddledome in the same way you can in any other arena because of the fracking roof design of our unique building. Certain tours cannot come here because their stage set up literally doesn't work at all because of the Saddledome design.

I guess it has to be repeated over and over again because people keep missing this key point.

We have no viable alternatives either. McMahon cannot have concerts due to noise bylaws. Max Bell is a hole. In Vancouver you have UBC Thunderbird stadium, you had the PNE coliseum, you have the hockey arena. Here the only other viable venue is U of C which is awful and Marquee which is tiny.

Last edited by Flames Draft Watcher; 09-14-2017 at 11:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post: