View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 12:52 PM   #177
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I like Rittich. I am not sure if he is ready for what awaits, but I have faith in him to perform well as a heavily used back-up. Unfortunately, I see him needing to start at least 50-60 games next year.

I am still just worried that it looks like Talbot was the only option considered before free agency even hit. He isn't a good goalie IMO.

It's just like how Smith was targeted despite other better goalies being on the market. I am jaded with the Flames management at this point when it comes to being able to identify and target goalies. I mean, Arizona dumped Smith and replaced him with Raanta and Kuemper. Mrazek signed for just slightly more than Talbot. Lehner signed a zero risk one-year deal. Yet Talbot was rumoured to be the guy going all the way back to the draft and was all but finalized a week before July 1st.
I like Rittich too, I think he runs with it. But I believe Talbot as a back up is a perfect low risk option. Who has shown his own ability to go on a run in the past. If he doesn’t work out he leaves next summer. It’s Rittichs spot to lose.

I like Talbots game, I was hoping the flames could pry him out of NY, and was pretty rattled when Edmonton of all teams did it.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote