Thread: 2019 CFL season
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 07:00 PM   #655
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I wish I could find the quote from the movie draft day, which wasn't a great movie. But Dennis Leary as a coach had a great line about rookie QB's and how dumb and scared they are. The good ones, get past that and go on to run offenses, but a lot of them don't whether its a question of courage, willingness to fail first, brain power, whatever.

Those first few starts, man they're crucial, not during the start, but what happens for the week after those starts.

I've developed a few QB's coaching and when I get that rookie kid its the same thing. No matter what the system, how simple or complex it is, it all looks like 1000 miles an hour for the first couple of weeks, then for the good ones it slows down and creates a tempo of its own.

This week is crucial in terms of what Nick does with the information that he got on Thursday night.
They had one day of practice to prepare for this game so safe to say they were not going to change a lot from what they did against the Ti-Cats. Argos looked to have done some good film study on that game and it showed. It's not like the offensive line has stepped up to help him as the pass blocking has been terrible. Tough situation for a rookie QB with the short week and bad OL play but most importantly he managed to guide the team to a win.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote