View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 10:40 AM   #1275
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Been enjoying the season so far with them trying to unravel the mystery of The Burn with a darker my dystopic future. Definitely a step up over the retconning of the first two seasons and it felt way more "Trek".

Still feel like the pacing is a little too rushed. Like they could have spent a bit of time on Earth showing how much things have changed and how this affects on crew because of the disconnect this causes with the crew rather than just showing a tree then Detmer crazy snapping at a nice dinner. Another thing is they are still using Burnham too much as space Jesus when Culber could have used a bit of character development. Maybe I'm just nitpicking tho.
I was a little annoyed at this at first in this episode too as the reason for sending Burnham down to Trill instead of Culber was flimsy. But then Culber ended up having a really good plotline on Discovery so it evened out.

There's also been no disadvantage from this season completely cutting out Ash Tyler and the hinky looking Klingons. Still not sure what they were thinking with that.

Last edited by OutOfTheCube; 11-07-2020 at 10:43 AM.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote