View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #629
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBates View Post
Yes.

I mean, we don't know if he even got a ticket, or if he was even driving or got pulled over or that he even cut anyone off.

My response to your post was assuming that the officer brake-checked the guy complaining.

But then, so did your response which I was critical of.

Your exact words which I quoted:

You literally assumed it was true that the police officer in the story braked on the car behind him and offered as an apparent explanation that would make this understandable the possibility the officer was being tailgated.

That would make the (possibly fictional) police officer a lawbreaking menace to public safety with apparently the same lack of self-control as the guy who then cut him off (possibly fictionally).

My post stands. Interpreting this (possibly fictional) story as one in which a police officer "braking on" a tailgating motorist is anything but illegal and reprehensible amounts to an astonishing willingness to blindly support police.

If you don't believe the OP just say so. Don't suggest a police officer braking on a tailgater instead of pulling him over safely for tailgating is somehow what the tailgater had coming to him.

You do know that braking on a car following you too close is very dangerous and illegal right? Even if you are carrying a badge?
you're right. it wasn't my intent.
I will say that your profession seemed to bleed into your responses a bit so I was taken aback by your passion in your replies and defense of the op.

So to be clear, I doubt the story of the op as I think like many people he may have the tendency to shade a story to put himself in the most sympathetic light, especially as he came here just to complain about the cop. So in this case he may just have gotten what was coming to him.

and I still don't understand why he felt the need to cut someone off that he felt was driving poorly. what point does that prove?
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote