View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #200
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bump, just an update.

I've applied for a lot of roles, I've been rejected for quite a few. Haven't heard back on a bunch more that haven't even been reviewed (Thanks Indeed).

Where I'm at.

I talked to a tech incubator a couple of weeks back, he stated that he was going to have a decision this week on which way he's going. I haven't heard back, but pinged him this morning. My battered confidence has told me that I probably didn't get it. I can live with that.

I applied with a large software/knowledge base company late last week, had the first interview with HR last week, had a second interview last night and he told me to get back to him with a confirmation that I'm interested in going forward, which I'm going to do, its a cool product, a pretty well known company, but the process is going to be long (multiple interviews and homework, its the way of the world now). But I might as well see where it goes

I applied for a role in Vancouver yesterday, and they got back to me right away and asked me to do a exercise in terms of client interaction and how I would handle scenarios. I just finished the excercise and submitted it, so we'll see. My only concern is its a move to Vancouver, which concerns me because of some personal situations, but a job is a job.

I sent my resume into a company for a free evaluation, and they gave me some feedback, I had too many details in mine, and it didn't look pretty, so I've changed my resume, removed a lot of specific information, and removed any jobs prior to 2007. I also changed my cover letter format to be prettier. We'll see how that works out.

Not giving up yet.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: