View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #333
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Disagree. He's 19. He played junior last year and may end up playing junior again this year. He has plenty to show. And this tournament is a higher skill level than he normally plays, so it's a chance to step up. Hardly a don't-take-it-seriously situation.

Look at a guy like Jankowski... turning 23 in a couple days, has already had 4 years of college and a year of pro, and is a legitimate candidate to make the NHL team this year. Now he has nothing to play for - he is expected to dominate, and if he doesn't, it's a negative. No win situation.

But he came out and busted his ass and dominated anyway, to show the team what he's made of. And by doing so, he impressed everyone.

If Juolevi is not too concerned about trying to impress at this tournament, then I would say he's either a fool or has a bad attitude. I know there has been some talk about his motivation and/or compete level. This tournament was a chance to disprove those concerns. Instead, he solidified them.

This was basically just me telling myself that everything is gonna be ok. In all honesty though I'm a little worried. I think he will be a good player, but for a top 5 pick you need better then that.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post: