View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 04:39 PM   #48
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
If anything I think once it's capped off history will look back on the MCU as even more impressive. I get that many people don't like the genre, and that's completely acceptable. But to ignore that in 10 years they created 22 movies that fit together coherently and it wasn't a total disaster is almost unbelievable. The only thing I can even compare it to is the Bond universe where the movies aren't all interwoven, it's taken 57 years to make 26 of them, and there's still plenty of garbage films in there.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
What's your measuring stick? Star Wars? The nicest thing I can say is that the studios were handed a winning formula from the comics and all they had to do was not mess it up. These movies to me are more like big budget video games, designed, and engineered to cater to the masses rather than crafted movies.
Yeah I don't think you are giving the Marvel movies enough credit. They may not all be classic movies individually but I think the overall package of movies is a pretty remarkable piece of work.

At the time when this series was launched Marvel was for sale because they were struggling, most comic book movies outside of Batman were hit or miss, and for the most part movie franchises (not limited to comic books) couldn't last past three movies before getting stale.

Plus these movies are more mainstream and popular than the comics ever were. My wife would never have read a comic but she loves GotG, Thor: Ragnarok, etc and was emotionally attached to the characters to the point that she was legitimately sad/angry when they
Spoiler!

Them being able to put together a story that spanned 10 years, across 22 movies, while keeping it appealing to both casual and hardcore fans, and making movies that are only really getting better as time went on (Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Infinity War all deep into the plan) is pretty much an unprecedented and remarkable feat.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 03-12-2019 at 06:38 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: