View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #34
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

One of the great Lucas theories of why the Jedi like Luke was so clumsy was that they were never fully trained. Yoda didn't have years to shape him and train him. Vader was old and broken and conflicted by the time he fought Luke but still beat him handily in ESB.

Right now we only know about a few living force users in the GFFA

Palpatine is hands down the most powerful Force user out there. He was defeated not due to Luke being more powerful, but because he fell into the same trap as the Jedi, he grew arrogant.

Vader - At this point in the series, he's probably at the height of his power and rage. Anakin is deeply buried, he believes that his wife was killed by his hand and his child died with her. I'm pretty sure that if he ran into this band of rebels it would be over in a heart beat.

Yoda - Still powerful, however in the book ROTS when he was fighting Palpatine he realized that he was not as strong as the Sith. He'd trained to fight the ancient Sith, the new Sith were a far different and far more lethal animal. He didn't have it in him to defeat Palpatine, and I doubt that he would beat Vader at the height of his power. He also wasn't destined to win in a straight up fight

Ben Kenobi - one of the last of the Jedi Council. hidden away and aging. He's probably still powerful, but he doesn't have the conviction to kill his best friend and apprentice.

Ashoka - She was pretty much still a padawan. She was a natural fighter, but I don't think she was a top powered force user. I'm betting by this point she hasn't used the force in years.

Kanan - I'm convinced that when order 66 came about he was still a padawan. If you read the book that they just put out, he hates the force and doesn't want to be a jedi.

Ezra - completely untrained.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote