View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 09:52 PM   #6180
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
I'm curious how old you are, and how that colours your perception of "a ton of money for a young adult".
$15.20/hr is (very) firmly below the poverty line in Calgary. Not sure about BC or wherein BC but it definitely is a very far cry from “a ton of money”.

In fact there’s a chance you may be able to beg on the street and get that and dictate your own hours.

My brother cannot keep staff at $20/hr to cut lawns.

You know people like to criticize oil and gas workers for being paid so much but it’s actually more that any other industry, equally or more profitable, pay their staff outrageously low. Look at banking for example. Record profits billions every quarter and they pay like absolute garbage. It’s actually unbelievable people put up with that crap but at the end of the day it’s just the labour market I guess.

Large companies need to pay more and realize that business is not exclusively at the behest of shareholders but of stakeholders of which employees are one of…………… organizations that treat / pay employees badly I kind of hope go bankrupt and I definitely refuse to invest in them.

Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 08-03-2021 at 09:55 PM.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post: