View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 07:48 PM   #120
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Curious. How many are playing those games with the Flames? I suspect quite a few are not. Which says to me that drafting is good but retaining, seeing players as nhlers and developing is awful.
In order of gp:
Tkachuk 349
Andersson 216
Mangiapane 178
Fox 125
Dubé 121
Kylington 95
Valimaki 73

Ruzicka 3
Phillips 1

(numbers may not be exact as hockeydb list isn't always up to date).

So, only Fox is on another team. Which we all know the story of; it's not like the Flames didn't want him as sometimes happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Are they? Are the Flames getting NHL players are are they contributing to the Calgary Flames become a better hockey team and generate more wins than losses?

Sounds like a new fancy stat? How about actual results? Edmonton was pretty good at making sure their draft picks got a number of games in, which inflated silly stats like this. Unfortunately, all those players were pretty crap and didn't contribute to a winner. I see the same pattern developing in Calgary. I don't see the team getting any better because of players drafted from within.

Also, I think credit should only be given to players that actually suited up for the Flames, and not other teams. Part of the draft and development process is finding players who will play for YOU, and not someone else. So giving the team credit for a player you didn't have confidence in, and dumped one way or another, isn't right IMO.
See above. IMO it's silly to subtract Fox, but whatever floats your boat.

I'd argue the top 5-6 guys have played important and fairly prominent roles. Most players first 50-250 games are a rollercoaster of good and bad. Ours are no different...I'd be surprised if they were below average with regards to role and/or performance in those games...
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post: