View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 08:12 PM   #1985
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I don’t really think there is a solution that can be manufactured, but I also think the solution is going to happen naturally as people sort of “wake up” as awareness and sensitivity to the toxicity of social media rises.

Just from my own experience on social media, there’s definitely a slowly forming left wing counter-culture that is rejecting the hyper-partisan, over reactive nonsense, still holding the same values, but disputing the notion that every criticism is some sort of assault on identity and holding open conversation at higher value.

Of course, who knows where that goes. I think a lot of the team-sports stuff is falling quickly out of favour with younger people who are more aware and internet-savvy than older people who are not are so deep into it they can’t see it play out.

In general, I think culture is self-healing, the pendulum swings but humanity does a good job of self-regulating over time. It’s why future predictions of some cultural movement continuing on unchecked until it completely takes over and becomes worst case scenario just never seem to come true.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: