Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 01:12 PM   #719
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was under the impression from Shaw that Internet 300 (as in 300 Mbit service) required the XB6, as I swapped out my Hitron for the XB6 in order to take advantage of it. Before Internet 300 was released (and thus predating this speed double-up), Internet 150 could get away with the Hitron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
I am experiencing the same. I only started to look into it after reading this thread although not enough to notice any differences depending on the time of day. I haven't really noticed streaming performance issues as we don't have any 4k devices but it is definitely not what I am paying for. (Shaw 150)

Over LTE, my iPhone 7 gets
120Mbps

Fast.com says 48Mbps
Shaw says 88Mbps
Google 28Mbps
Results between wired directly to the modem or over wifi are the same.

Hitron modem in bridge mode connected to the last Model Apple Time Capsule. I also have an Airport Express upstairs.

I live in a brand new house in a new neighborhood too. Frustrating that I was excited to be upgraded to 300 come to find that I am well below 150.
Wired to the modem or wired to the router, ie: the Apple Time Capsule?

I'd try going direct to the router, and then direct to the modem if you still see low speeds. If the results directly wired to the bridged port of the modem yield the same low speeds, you definitely have a case to tell Shaw to come fix your sh-t.

Last edited by TorqueDog; 02-15-2019 at 01:15 PM.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote