View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #128
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Not cool julie. Let’s Day talk for 5 Goddamn minutes and gives Kevin 10s.

There should be a timer and their mic should go dark if they take too long. BBCan would never allow that kind of crap.

Masterful gameplay by Halloween with David. I don’t like her but that was smart.

Day is delirious. Nicole’s move wasn’t game it was personal and race related? Christ you called David an Uncle Tom. And you expect to just be handed the game because racism? What?

There are some fascinating and meaningful discussions about how race affects alliances in BB. Especially in the early weeks. Whatever Day is talking about is not it.
Day has a very deep seeded world view that is built from her own insecurities that leaves her feeling the world has treated her badly, and combined with religious doctrine of divine retribution she believes she deserves something good to happen to her just because it should happen. This world view also leads her to believe when good things happen to other people luck or some higher force (like racism), and not because of actions they have taken to ensure things work out in their favour.

Combined with her own propensity to wear her racial bias's on her sleeve it's would be pretty much impossible for her to build the reciprocal relationships required to succeed at big brother.

I think the producers see Day being outspoken about her bias's as some kind of virtuous empowering message about race. I tend to agree that with her it leans toward racisms, she treats black people differently, expects them to treat her differently, and expects others to treat her differently because she black. And I just don't think that's the message the producers think they are sending, but I'm pretty sure it's the one going out.

I think it's a salient point that there has been a distinctive lack of diversity in winners of this game. But I also think Day is using that as an excuse to disguise her own failings from herself.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post: