View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Urgent advice needed on trip cancellation

My wife and I are supposed to fly out to England next Friday night. Due to an unforeseen medical situation with my wife, we may have to cancel the trip last minute. As luck would have it, we literally won’t get the yes or no from doctors until Thursday, the day before we fly out. There is a chance that she is perfectly ok to fly, but wont know till next week.

Worst case scenario, we will suck it up and just lose the $3000 for the flights, but I am hoping to somehow avoid this. I called BA and there is no cancellation allowed on the tickets. Someone suggested cancellation insurance, but I am wondering if the policy will cover a case where a “pre-existing condition” is already there and we are well aware that we may need to cancel. I guess I could just not mention it, but it isn’t my style to be dishonest and there is already documented evidence of what is going on- ie. Would probably come up if we try to claim the refund through insurance.

Anyways, any advice or recommendations??? Am I likely SOL? I am thinking of calling an insurance company and being perfectly honest about the situation, but I have a hard time believing they will grant us a policy when we already know there is a good chance we need to cancel.