View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #7
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

I started a Star Trek (re)watch about two years ago. Watched most of TOS with my kids - I'd of course seen them all multiple times before. Kids loved it.

Moved on to TNG, which I only saw about a quarter of in its original run. Used some rewatch guides to avoid the duds, and watched about 60 per cent of the episodes. Kids dropped out as they didn't find it as dramatic or the characters engaging as TOS. I was impressed with the better episodes from seasons 3-6. The writing, the direction, even the score were top-notch TV.

Then I moved on to DS9, which I hadn't watched at all before. Call me superficial, but going from the HD of the remastered TNG to the SD of DS9 is a let-down. I'm not a huge Avery Brooks fan, but I can tolerate him. However, Nana Visitor just grates on me. I can't watch her without thinking about how much better the first choice, Michelle Forbes, would have been in the role. Still, I'm on season 4 and enjoying the political intrigue.

I may have to take a break, though, as I've watched a crap-load of Star Trek in the last two years. Suppose I'll do a highly-selective watch of Voyager and Enterprise at some point.

Can't stand Discovery.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote