Thread: Pets in Condos
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 12:24 PM   #19
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

My condo technically has a no pets policy that IMO makes sense.

Pets other than those that are not capable of leaving an aquarium are not allowed to reside in the condo units mainly for smell and noise complaint and fear reasons (ie: Tarantulas and Snakes). However, anyone who wants to bring a pet for more than a basic visit can apply to have an exception to their pet. If I am not mistaken, the application allows for up to 1 pet per occupant and at least half of the condo board members must meet the pet, hang out with the pet for 15-30 minutes and arbitrarily determine if the pet is "well behaved" enough to be at the condo. The board members have expressed they likely wouldn't reject any pets unless it was obvious the pet was extremely badly trained, but no one has ever tried to file for an exception for one after the rule was implemented and previous pets before the rule was implemented passed away and were never replaced.

The rules for the pets I believe are quite simple and IMO reasonable too, but I don't know if they've changed:
- No litter box and trash on balcony (not significantly different than rule about messy/cluttered balcony and restrictions of garbage on the balcony)
- No excessive noise that disturb comfort of other tenants (no different than humans)
- Pet cannot live/reside on balcony (same as humans, heck even large equipment like bikes cannot be there, but all units have storage lockers and there's a bike room, so it shouldn't be there anyways)
- Must be respectful to other tenants around for noise and mess (again, no different than humans).

The board doesn't care about pets but is absolutely militant about maintaining an over 18 years old rule for living at the condo (visiting not in excess of 1 week or something is OK though) and will be jumping on the grandfathered over 18 rule for as long as they are able to.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: