View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #702
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
The old crappy Safeway in Marda Loop, I think there is a huge condo complex there now.

When I was a student, i can remember not having enough money at the till and being told that was OK. This happened more than once.

Also, can anyone tell me if the curry/Indian restaurent is still in Mac Hall. It was next to DQ, if IRC. I used to buy rice from him all semester, and during exams he would always put on some curry, "you can't study on rice alone". Think he was also a math prof.
When I had my first car lot job at Macl1n ford when I was 17, I was desperately broke. I had no money, and no food, and had walked into work one day late as my car ran out of gas.

The receptionist, and older lady, said "Cecil is looking for you, and is pretty mad you are late."

I said "I am sorry, I have no money for gas, and I had to walk to work." And it was a good haul, about 5 kms. She then asked "Didn't you bring a lunch?" I said "No, I have no food either, but I will be okay until payday." which was the next day.

Anyway, I guess on her lunch break, she drove over to the Ogden Safeway, and bought me 2 big bags of groceries, and just gave them to me. I was kinda embarrassed and didn't know what to say, and probably didn't thank her like I should have being a stupid 17 year old punk.

I always wished, I could figure out who she was, as I have long since forgotten her name since I didn't wrk there long, and properly say thank you to her, or send her a card. You never forget nice gestures like that.

edit: This was 20 years ago.

Last edited by pylon; 04-24-2012 at 12:00 AM.
pylon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post: