View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #56
thymebalm
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
The public schedule should be released soon for anyone who lives in the Lower Mainland and would like to come check out training camp.

The Red vs. White game will be held on October 5th and it is also open to the public, according to Ward.

No pre-season games for the Heat players either. No pre-season, no Flames training camp, and no Penticton Young Stars tournament...
I don't mind skipping all that stuff for a year. I feel like the Flames training camp is too much of a dog and pony show. The roster is generally set before it starts and rarely does anything of interest happen. The Penticton tourny can be misleading too. I recall getting my expectations raised by certain people that didn't perform, or fret when a "senior" prospect doesn't tear it up. The sample size is too small and the variety of player is too vast.

Skip to the stuff that matters. The AHL should be pretty entertaining this season. I didn't manage to catch a game last season (I listened to Ryan Pinder's broadcasts religiously), but I'm going to make it happen this year. Who do you recommend? Marlies? or Wolves? I guess Edmonton will have a stacked club too...