View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 08:43 PM   #3369
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Ugly because of the human being Grizzly Smith was (according to what I've heard from interviews with Jake) or ugly because it was poorly done?

If you don't watch that episode and come out feeling uncomfortable about what you've watched, I'd be shocked. Its almost understandable that Jake and Sam Houston went through the life that they did.

I just watched the Hitman biography. I loved wrestling with shadows. I thought it was an amazing piece of film work and historic in terms of revealing the business of wrestling, and the Hitman. But this biography was better. Getting that glimpse into the story lines, the good and the bad of the Hitman. You remember why he was so incredibly good at what he did. The Hitman is the ultimate story teller. Though they did rush through his WCW story and the Goldberg injury, and completely left out the sad story of the lawsuit that destroyed that family, as well as the estrangement of Martha and Owen's kids. One of the great betrayals when you read Bret's book is that he stood by Martha against the WWE, and once she had the settlement she dropped him and pushed him out of Owen's kids lives.

At times during this documentary you realize that while Bret had amazing technical abilities, and unparrelled story telling, that he's either shy, or he's just a guy who's incredibly serious. Unlike the other biographies, Bret doesn't tell funny stories from the road, he's very matter of fact and a bit guarded. That's why the ending was so heart warming as they showed him interacting with his family.

I think this was a great biography, the Michael's one was probably a bit better because Michael's embraced his flawed self. Bret hinted at his flaws but never really expanded on them.

Now I need to go and watch some of Bret's matches on the network, especially his matches against Curt Henning.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: