View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 10:15 PM   #242
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Aside from a handful of films like Guardians, Thor and Iron Man (years ago) I haven't really watched any of the MCU movies. Would this show still be enjoyable or would I need way more information to understand what's going on? A lot of our friends and family are watching this and enjoying it. Thinking about jumping on board but want to make sure we won't be totally lost.
Really with that view history, that amount of time, and access to Disney+, if I were you I would watch Avengers 1 & Winter Soldier.

I'd say you can barebones the franchise down to;

Thor 1
Avengers
Winter Soldier
Dark World
Ultron
Guardians 1
Dr Strange
Civil War
Ragnarok
Infinity War
Wasp
End Game

I wouldn't bother with Wandavision before having seen those 12 in pretty much that order. As an added bonus at least 7/12 of those are substantially more entertaining that.

Captain America and Captain Marvel are outside of the main timeline, and some easter eggs rippling through the other movies, but you won't miss the context. Edit, onsecond thought the Captain Marvel movie is important to Wandavision.

The Ironman series is an oddly stand alone series within the context of the MCU, they build up Ironman as an important character, and they are amoung the better movies, but Downy Jrs strong enough to re-contextualize the character in all the other movies. None of the villains, conflicts from Ironman really trickle into the main storyline they way they have with the other movies.

Unless you need the origin story, Civil War gives you all the intro you need to Antman & Spiderman

Guardians Vol II, I suspect will be important to understanding Guardians III, the Eternals, and probably Love & Thunder / Avengers 5. But I don't think it's vital viewing yet.

The Hulk Movie barely counts as an MCU movie.

Missing Black panther will leave you wondering where a bunch of tertiary characters in other movies came from, but it wont really change your understanding of the main story.

Last edited by #-3; 02-22-2021 at 10:18 PM.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post: