View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 07:09 PM   #236
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well. I just finished “The Last Dance”. As someone who was a little too young, and didn’t really care about basketball, I found it fascinating and a very well done Documentary. A few things that stood out to me...

-The fandom and hysteria that followed Jordan was incredible and I can’t think of any athlete that has ever had that much attention.

-Pippen’s tantrum and holdout over his contract was poor form. He should only blame himself and agent for taking a long term contract at a “discounted” rate. Can’t blame the Bulls for that one.

-Rodman was weirder than I could’ve ever imagined. But mad respect for the guy. Just let me do my thing and I’ll do my job for you. Pretty refreshing actually.

-The treatment of Jerry Krause seemed strange to me. The dude seemed to have a knack for talent. And firing a coach after 3 successful years to bring in Jackson was a bold move and one that should be more celebrated. But there’s probably more to the story than the doc told.

- Jordan seems very lonely and only seemed to be surround by his security or hired help during the series. Very telling that his best friend also served as one of his security guards. It would be hard to have a normal social life when you’re that big of celebrity but kind of made me feel for the guy.

- How is a Jordan not the undisputed GOAT in the NBA? His stats, work ethic, and hardware are ridiculous. And if he didn’t retire twice and lose 5 seasons one would think he’d be the leader in most offensive categories and maybe even have 8 championships.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote