View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 01:17 PM   #160
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Undiscovered country was one of my favorite Trek Movies

In terms of a general list for me

Star Trek VI UC - Allowed the crew to get old, great plot line of conspirators pushing for war on both sides. Fantastic performances by all, with Plummer being an inspired Klingon

Star Trek 2 -TWK - Again, a great story of sacrifice and aging. RM was great in his return as Khan. Shat and Nimoy were terrific.

Star Trek 3 - TSFS - "You Klingon Bastards, you killed my boy" Shatner's stumble backwards was inspired. A great villain in CL. Sadly the actor who played David died afterwards but he was great in this movie.

Star Trek First Contact - I'm torn on this movie, This was the start of the Picard and Data show where no one else mattered that much. It also went a long way in emasculating the Borg. When they were initially a pure hive mind they were terrifying. By putting in a hyper sexualized Queen they weren't quite as good.

Star Trek 4 TVH - I loved this movie, it only gets graded here because the previous movies were so strong. The first movie that took place without the enterprise. Great humor and writing throughout.

Star Trek - The remake with new actors. The actors were really good at playing their characters. The plot line featured a convoluted time travel story. But overall I thought the movie had a great deal of heart.

Star Trek Generations - It felt like a lot was shoe horned into this including Kirks love that wasn't Carol Marcus. There was a lot of cheese in this sandwhich. But it still involved most of the crew having some key roles.

Star Trek TMP - I look back on this with a lot of fondness because I loved the story line concept of a Probe returning to its home to seek out answers. The flaw was that it was just too plodding and the sets and costumes were colorless. They introduced us to the modern Klingons who were less jerks and more warriors.

Star Trek Beyond - It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great, it was kind of meh. I think they wasted the main villain who's plot was pretty nonsensical.

Star Trek into darkness - Never ever try to reboot Kahn, never and BC was really miscast

Star Trek V TFF - Awful, Shatners turn in the Directors chair was devestatingly bad. The characters were out of character, the nice bonding moments camping came across as forced. The villain was stupid. The only redeeming scene was Kirk asking God what he needs a Starship for.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: