View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 09:12 AM   #339
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Oh yeah, in weather like this, she would have to stop on the way home in Canmore. One time she took off, drove aggressively and her range dropped more than normal so she stopped in Canmore on the way out and gave it a quick bump, just to be safe. She was fine, but better to be safe. One time she was almost home and the car automatically started power management. The heated seats turned off, heater turned down, etc. A little further and the car would control the speed and slow down.

She is pretty diligent with her car. To maximize battery life, you need to limit your daily charge, as well as how much you supercharge. So for a daily driver, she charges to 70% Recommended is 50-80%. When she know's she heading out to the mountains she will do a full charge the night before. Car is 3 years old and her battery range is >98%

But yes, these cars require more planning for sure and having the superchargers in Canmore is huge.

We usually use my truck though for skiing. It's just easier, especially on cold days, but there are days I'm not going with her and I need my truck, so she plans according and does a full charge at home. If I don't need my truck, she will take it, and I will use the car. And we live on the west edge of the city, which helps. We also used to live in Cochrane. If you had to drive across the city, then you would have to plan differently than we do.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bossy22 For This Useful Post: