View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 07:20 AM   #13
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the Marda Loop area (Garrison, Altadore, South Calgary.) We lived there for many years and my mom lives there. It is a great area that has great access to many parts of the city. We moved out of the area because I didn't want to pay $750,000+ for an infill. Another area that I strongly considered and think will be an awesome area is the new Currie Barracks development. It is really pricey though and will take a number of years for all the homes and amenities to get built.

That being said, we decided to get a house in Varsity. It is a good area that has an aging population which is slowly being replaced by young families. It has great quick and easy access into the downtown core by car or train. The area has two train stations (Brentwood and Dalhouise) which can be walked to from most of the community. Home prices can be pretty reasonable especially if you don't mind purchasing a house that needs some renovations. There are four elementary schools in the community (public, Catholic, early French immersion and francophone.)
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote