View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 06:06 PM   #52
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
They are playing the Stanley Cup champs and Peters wants to ice the lineup that gives them the best chance of winning and extending their short winning streak. Some rest periods coming up in the schedule.

Honestly, I would be shocked if Dave has been verbally lobbying for starts to Peters , except for his fine goaltending. After Hours or National game almost certainly weren’t part of the coaching staffs decision making process.
Fair enough, just my opinion. I do think he should've been slotted for tonight, it's just Thursday that he should've gotten his rest and not have to take a rest day yesterday.

As mentioned, I think it made a lot more sense to put Talbot in for a lesser team such as the Devils. He was thrown to the wolves as far as the Capitals two games in a row, and played just fine, as he did in the win vs An before that. It would've then had Rittich get one game in 7 days (tonight) while keeping Talbot sharp as he won't have played for 9 or 10 days either after had played Thursday.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote