View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 11:16 AM   #95
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I don't like the argument that you're a hypocrite if you're not against every form of animal "abuse". I eat meat and go to zoos.

I just don't like using animals for our entertainment. Especially in situations where they can be hurt performing for us. Everyone has their own line they don't like to cross. It can't be an all or nothing argument.
So what’s your alternative? Horses are immensely more expensive then a simple house pet such as a dog or cat to care for. Not to mention time consuming. So as mentioned by prior posters in how this event saves a majority of horses lives and they get to continue to do something they love. Would you welcome one into your house to “save” it from the chucks? Do you believe there is a magical horse sanctuary somewhere with endless land and money for them to run free?

I don’t mean to single you out but I hear this all the time. But I never hear what people think should then be done with these animals that is actually a plausible scenario and not something from a feel good movie. Because I never hear part 2 of the plan to cancel the chucks.

And on a second note the zoo too me is far more cruel. Caged up animals never getting to do what they are meant to do while people poop along and stare at them for their amusement. I don’t know how you could be anti chucks and yet pro zoo. I think it’s because viewing the wagons forces you to see the harsh facts that some times things don’t go as planned and life isn’t a cushy bubble. When things go wrong they go wrong immediately and in front of your face and a lot of people can’t handle that as they’d rather feign ignorance.

You should go to a slaughterhouse and take a peek. If you think the chucks are cruel then I’d be interested to know the word you describe when you find out where your meat comes from. But hey, it’s a lot easier to just ignore that and pretend that’s not what’s going on.

Last edited by Patek23; 07-15-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patek23 For This Useful Post: