View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Any Scotch drinkers in the house?

So I bought a bottle of Scotch for the first time in a few months and it reminded me that I'm going to a tasting at Willow Park on November 12th.
http://www.willowparkwines.com/pdf/F...entProgram.pdf (pg 12 under whisky festival $85 per person)

I got my tickets like 3 months ago for 1/2 price and I am really excited to go.

So anyone else enjoy a glass of Scotch from time to time?

I used to always have a bottle on hand but I've noticed the $$ going up recently (stupid gas prices).

My usual favorite is Johnnie Walker Black (I'd always get Gold if I could afford it). Glenlivet is ok too for a cheaper selection. Anyone have any suggestions for $70 and up, keeping in mind that $120 is about the most I'd ever spend?

What else do you enjoy? (if you say Cutty Shark or J&B you are officially banned from this discusion)

I usually prefer single malts but GOOD blended ones like JW Black are good too.

I've tried Glengarioch, Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich, Balvenie, Glenlivet, Johnnie Walker Black, Gold, Green and Blue and quite a few others, usually of the 10 or 12 year variety as I'm almost always on a budget. Probably the best two being Johnnie Walker Blue or Gold and Glenlivet 18 year (had that one a the U of C dinos dinner this past April). JW Green was HORRIBLE IMO (especially given the price), so was Chivas Regal, Cutty Shark and quite a few others.

Any thoughts/suggestions/opinions?

Edit: for some reason I feel it is important to add that JW Black was supposedly the preferred whisky of Winston Churchill.

Last edited by flip; 08-29-2008 at 01:24 AM.
flip is offline   Reply With Quote