View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 07:27 PM   #30
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Wow good for you! I'm keen to try these whenever I can get back to Calgary.

I love, love, love your cans (phrasing!). Many new brewers start with bottling so it's great to see yours in a can. Also, really ballsy to have your first beer be a NEIPA.

I am curious though, why the choice to go with the larger 473mL cans? I've been wondering about this for craft beer in general. Is it just a distinguishing branding feature? Is it meant to be the equivalent of larger bottle and meant for sharing? Is it because your market is already well off craft beer drinkers so why not squeeze a little more profit off each can?

Couple of reasons for the larger cans, first the different can size differentiates us from macro breweries who all can in 355ml sizes but the main reason is (and bud drinkers will likely roll their eyes at this one ) that 473ml is 16 ounces, the standard size serving at most places and also the standard size for most beer glasses. Craft beer is meant to be drank from a glass, not the can directly in most cases so you can pour the entire beer in the glass and it fits just right. Im sure there are other reasons for other breweries but thats why we went with that can size.
wookster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wookster For This Useful Post: