View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 09:55 AM   #22
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
The expectation is that the stories we follow matter. Not that they get snuffed out in some side story. You may be happy with it, I'm not, I find it a waste of time to have a 5 year arc to basically get rendered irrelevant offscreen. Honestly, it would have been way better if they would have just wiped him out at Blackwater. THAT would have made sense and mattered. Instead they just drag it out for several more seasons and then it just kind of fizzles. When the first question in my head after that is "well what was the point of that then?" ... that's not ideal.
Again you seem to think it fizzled out like you wanted him to go down in some blaze of glory in a LOTR type big battle. The thing is that in real life the bad guys usually do fizzle out. There's nothing Hollywood about relatively quiet demises of Hitler or bin Laden. Also I wouldn't call it a side story seeing his story consumed a large portion of this season. I feel some of you simply get too emotionally attached to characters and of all shows this is not the show to do that.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote