Thread: S.h.i.e.l.d.
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #36
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was okay and has some potential, but I think there's some really worrying signs. The cast outside of Skye and agent Coulson seemed really meh, and that can kill pretty much any series.

However, this is really worrysome.

Quote:
Looks like ABC's highly anticipated Joss Whedon-produced drama is in need of a superhero. A source close to the show tells us that the latest scripts that have come in have been so bad, Whedon had to pull off a page one rewrite just an hour before the table read. Given that Whedon is supposed to be transitioning full showrunner responsibilities to his brother Jed Whedon and sister-in-law Maurissa Tancharoen so that he can focus on his 83 other film projects, this ain't a good sign.
Seriously, Marvel has become one of the biggest franchises in entertainment history, and this is the way the series launch is written? Also, seems like Whedon isn't actually going to do much with the series in the long run.

I don't doubt this rumour either, the dialogue seemed very flat, with a lot of "insert joke here" lines that felt really unfinished. Exactly what you get when you don't give a writer time to polish their stuff.

I'll give it some time though.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote