View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #29
yads
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
National Geographic ran a feature on Russia's toughest prisons recently. Basically scumbags like these two are put into a 4x8 cell without windows, behind a 2 foot steel door, where they are allowed to sleep for 8 hours, made to sit on a chair without touching their bed the rest of the time, save for a couple hours of exercise. The exercise is basically the prisoners walking around in a stress position(bent over), with around 8 guards, blindfolded. I actually freaked out when I watched it. Can't imagine having to live like that. For any reason.

Somehow I think even that would be too good for these two pieces of human trash.

I would put them in a modified cell with room enough for a chair, a bed and a toilet and force them to stay there, without ever seeing the outside world again. Make sure there is no way they can commit suicide. 70+ years of that is too kind.
Just watching this now although a slight correction. Exercise is walking around a small room. The bent over part is when the prisoner is transferred between buildings.

Also just reading more about murder penalties in Russia. While the prison conditions in that prison are harsh, the penalties seem really odd. Murder may carry a sentence of 6-15 years, unless there are aggravating circumstances in which case it's 8-20 years, life, or death penalty.

While, in Canada, murder is an automatic life sentence, with different time periods before the prisoner can apply for parole.
yads is offline   Reply With Quote