Old 05-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #5485
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
before season 7, each season had 10 episodes
Oh yeah, you're right.

Still, it's more like 8 episodes than 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
This season has ruined all my motivation to rewatch the entire show or watch any long behind the scenes footage. D&D's explanations of why they did what they did really pisses me off in Season 8.

"We did it because the fans liked that character"
"We made those two sleep with each other because the fans expected it"
"We made those two fight each other because the fans would like it as well as another big fight between two characters"
Spoiler!

#### off what the fans want, stay true to the characters!
Judging from a lot of reactions, what they've been doing isn't really what the fans want.

Of course a lot of fans are basically happy with what ever they get (and this isn't unreasonable, it's not like there's a lot of alternatives for what the GoT is), and many are so invested they would have been on board with basically anything. EDIT: And yes, many still actually like it

However, I can't think of another situation like this, where a popular series is wrapping up it's last episodes and a significant portion of the fanbase are loudly complaining about the quality of the series. This seems to me like a very unusual situation.

It makes for kind of an interesting comparison to Infinity War and especially Endgame, a final to something equally long, massive and popular that basically everybody seem to be happy or at least okay with.

Last edited by Itse; 05-15-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote