View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 11:54 PM   #59
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I know a lot of wonderful, open and accepting people from a number of different religions, so I know it isn’t the book that makes the person.

That said, it makes me just as sad that people will rush to defend religion from the criticisms against people like Reimer (saying “oh, he doesn’t represent us”), but don’t seem to be in any hurry to be the first to defend the people that beliefs like the ones Reimer holds devalue.

He doesn’t represent all Christians, but it’d be nice if the Christians that remind us of that would show it instead of putting all their focus on saying it, which most often seems the case.
If people really paid attention, they would see that there are many Christian sources who have been standing up for homosexual persons for years. I quoted Pope Francis in some recent statements, but was told that he doesn't count because some priests abused children. I guess the bottom line is CalgaryPuck has been tolerant of many posters openly ridiculing people of faith for many years and it is silly to expect that to change.
Eric Vail is offline   Reply With Quote