View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 06:42 AM   #1129
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I stumbled upon a show called Party Down recently just scrolling through Hulu. It's an old Starz show from 2009, but it's surprisingly great. It follows a catering company in the L.A. area that consists almost entirely of wannabe showbiz people (actors, comedians, writers etc.). The cast is excellent and the writing is solid. Adam Scott and Lizzy Caplan are the pseudo-leads in this ensemble that also has Ken Marino, Martin Starr, Jane Lynch, and Megan Mullally.

Unfortunately, it only lasted 2 seasons as cast members Lynch and Scott had other, larger, commitments to adhere to (Glee and Parks&Rec). But, it's a rock solid 2 seasons with little to no filler and some great guest stars. It reminds me of some other workplace comedies like The Office, 30 Rock, and Parks & Rec, but definitely a lot more risqué. I highly recommend. Available on Starz and Hulu.

As always, the trailer doesn't do it justice because they can't put any of the dirty or really funny bits in it.

Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: