Thread: 2019 CFL season
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #2351
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, my first ever Grey Cup and it was eveything I was hoping for. I was nerve racked the entire day, barely slept the night before.

The stadium was cramped, bathrooms were so full people were pissing in the trash cans. Concessions were awful. But the other stuff was great. The party tent was fun, the half time show was incredible, and the staff on site were super helpful and friendly.

The game? Not much to add but it's a life long memory now that will be with me until I'm senile. There was an incredible Bomber fan turn out and it was the time of my life. I sat behind some Ticat fans who came in from Hamilton who we're a lot of fun and did the "eat em raw" a couple times. I felt bad for them as they left in the 4th, I can only imagine how ####ty it would feel to travel so far and have your team no show like they did.

In the 4th quarter the Grey Cup was carried in front of us by the RCMP (was in section B row 3) and it was probably the coolest sports related moment of my life. For decades the Bombers came within inches of winning, only to blow it in the big game. Then, all the sudden, the trophy was there, and it was nearly in our grasp. The Grey Cup would finally be ours. I'll never forget it, as long as I live. It was truly amazing.

Speaking of great sporting memories, #2 is when Stastny put the Jets up late in the 3rd on the powerplay by 3 to ice the game. #1 for me now is the 4th quarter drive where Harris got the 2nd and 17. The Nichols killshot that was reversed on review was probably the happiest I've been as a sports fan in my entire life. I went from section A back to B hugging and high fiving all the Bomber fans in my range. It was then that I knew it was over (even though it did get called back).

It was a great event, the Stampeders did a really good job with the events on the weekend and the game on Sunday.

The Bombers are Grey Cup champions. ####ing eh.

Last edited by White Out 403; 12-10-2019 at 07:28 PM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote